Tuesday, April 17, 2007

DiSOBEY RUKUN NEGARA

Went to clinic as usual today, is a Monday morning, usually clinic will be crowded on Mondays because clinic is closed on Sundays.

Parked my car n went into my crowded clinic, I didn’t pay for the parking as usual…. This is wat I usually do: park my car, walk straight into my clinic and pay for parking later, or I’ll wait until I see MPS ppl patrolling then i’ll rush out to pay… I know I’m lazy, reluctant to pay when I reach my clinic, I am just .. lazy….. but most of the time my colleague will pay for me when she goes out.

So, today, when I was dispensing medicine, some ppl outside there with blue uniforms caught my eyes, they were patrolling and one of them was walking towards the direction of my car. I quickly ran out to pay at the machine while my colleague was trying to help to stop the malay gal to put a saman on my car.

My colleague was complaining to me that the malay gal’s attitude was bad, I was holding the ticket in my hand while the malay girl is concentrating on the little machine on her hand. The conversation between them was something like tat:

My fren : sorry sorry.. tunggu kejap ar… sorry sorry
The malay gal : pukul berapa kamu masuk kerja? Engine sudah sejuk ni.
My fren : ini kawan punya kereta. saya tak tau la, kita masuk kerja tak sama masa
punya..saya tak tau dia masuk kerja pukul berapa…
The malay gal :pukul berapa dia masuk kerja
(she keep repeating the same question, my fren already fatt mang zhang)
My fen : tak apa la, u saman saja
The malay gal : sekarang u mau cabar saya ??!!! saya cuba bagi peluang tapi u sikap macam ini (she asked angrily and LAN-Si-ly & she doesn't look like wantin to give
chance at all)
My fren : (knowing that the malay gal will not tolerate) tak apa la, u saman saja, thank you

For ur information, one does not need to pay if his/her parking ticket time is within 5 minutes from the time his/her car kena saman. So, knowing that I can save my RM 30, I just let her print whatever that she wants to print. At the same time, my colleague looked at her name tag and jot down her name “FAZILAH”, thinking that we might want to complain about her attitude:

First : The very first thing that we do is apologize but she did not accept.
Second : I know I disobey the law by not paying for my car’s parking when I first arrived at the parking… ok.. so is my fault, I will pay the saman but why must u say “sekarang u mau cabar saya??” somehow this sentence sounds threatening to me, so I think I should at least take down her name, just in case, and also for complaining purposes.

THE BEST PART

After she put that little paper on my car, we went back to clinic and do our work as usual.
After around 30 minutes, when I was also dispensing medicine at the counter, I saw one van, a MPS van stopped right in front of my clinic. There are 2 questions in my mind at that time:
1. I thought they just came to this area to give saman, why come back?
2. Are they coming to look for me?? My hearts say, “quite impossible”

And u know what, impossible was what in my mind but they proved me wrong when I saw a few of them looking at my car, like i am hiding some sort of illegal drugs or weapon in my car and came into the clinic. Please imagine, my clinic is crowded with patients, and these two malay men came in and stand at the counter asking “siapa punya kereta itu 1612?” They caught everybody’s attention and some aunties and uncles are surrounding the counter, and some are pretending that they are not listening.

Honestly, I was scared when I saw the both of them. But we did nothing wrong, and they started to question us. Two men, one in white, one in blue. They asked us questions like "kenapa tak bagi parking?" "kenapa mau tulis nama budak saya?" "buat apa mau tulis nama budak saya?" .. hey adults, don't you know tat we hav the right to look at ur name tag when u are performing ur duty? one of the purpose why u r wearing ur name tag is for us to know who are you so that we can thank or complain abt ur services or attitudes. Then they started to scold us for our attitudes, for not paying for parking and also "cari gaduh" with their budak.

The man in white even gave us lecture... excuse me, i am an adult, dun give me lecture here, dun ask me question like "u pernah pergi sekolah?" "u pernah baca rukun negara?"... your budak didn't follow rukun negara "KESOPANAN DAN KESUSILAAN" and now you are asking me question like this. All they trying to say is we are wrong, and whatever their budak do is correct.. Please question your budak properly before questioning me here using ur power instead of justice. You are here to tell me i am wrong instead of asking me what happened... besides, your budak still gave me a saman, i have to pay for the saman after all, that's all, why come in here to talk to us like tat??

The man in blue uniform, looks like he is the head of the team, talked at least more politely than the one in white, but he was also trying his very best to tell us that we are wrong for copying down his budak's name and not paying for parking. Sir, you already gave me a saman for what i've done, and now what u want? he became aggresive as my colleague tried to defend herself. Check out the video and you'll know.. he wanted to throw a stapler at my colleague when she was trying to capture a pic of them. Don't be afraid if you or your budak did nothing wrong. He kept asking, erm.... not asking but forcing us to delete the video immediately, but.. hahahahah... sorry, this is a show for everybody. and i remember him saying, " buang gambar itu, u mau saya susah, saya pun boleh buat kamu susah..." is this a form of threatening? yes!!!!! he threatened me and i am writing here in my blog so if anything happened to me, u should know why....



People in Malaysia, haihhh..... haihhhhhhh........... disappointment, anger, and rukun negara.. to nowhere...

By the way, anyone bother to give saman to those people who parked their cars outside the mosque which cause a mess to the traffic around the mosque every Friday?


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey....i know it's frustrating seeing these kinda things happening. But seriously, i don't think fighting with them is a very smart thing to do. Seriously, knowing them, they won't let you off so easily. These kinda "low-level beings" do not understand morality and integrity. Just let them do what they want. It's not worth exposing urself to potential danger.

Anonymous said...

I think u're doing the right thing, u don't have to fight them directly, just jot their name, together with the video, send to someone with power and reliable, of cos not the Malays P*g.

yemmyemm said...

haihh.... bc, who are those ppl with power and reliable and is not their ppl? none....

by the way, will this kind of things happen in Australia?

yemmyemm said...

and chin... hahahahahaha.... low-level beings... wat a name....

Anonymous said...

U really shouldn't have used ur camera in front of them. U know that they will ne angry. In fact, it seemed like they were really pissed off. You will see the same situation everywhere, but you deal with them differently.

katabana said...

you can expect more from a worm than "some" of the malaysia police...

anyway, go find lim leong sek (or some name lah... that big mca guy that help people and appear on sinchew one... got prove so no need scare...)

Anonymous said...

Discrimination happen everywhere, but it's not that serious in Melb compare to other states in Aust.

Baby Princess said...

beeyam...

pay lah parking to minimise all this unwanted stuffs. u know the govt has no money loh.... so pay loh. not to say it will cost you few hundred a month.

then ah.. dealing with them... you know lah, got proof also can't do much. the most, they sack them loh. after that who knows what happen to you.

chinese saying "kun ji leung gor hau" and you are at the bright side, they can do anything to you anytime. if something really happens, though we know who does that, but where is the proof.

in a country with "fair" legal system, proof also can go missing. what cannot be happened?

guai loh, pay lah next time.
in pj, double don't have to pay. but kena summon loh.. for blocking the road.

the conclusion: avoid unwanted stuffs.

:|

PoSHDeViL said...

err.. ps.. if u work at the clinic everyday u oso wont pay lor. knowing that they only come certain time and if u stop them in time wont kena saman. plus.. everyday few bucks.. 1 month is 100 plus de lor. its not a small amount compared to the part time pay u get. not everyone rich de ma.

yemmyemm said...

lolz....

tats the reason why i didn't pay for parking everyday....

Parking rate is at RM 0.50 per hour.

minimum we work 4 hours per shift, which means we hav to pay RM 2 for parking.

If I work 5 days in a week, it costs me RM 10 a week, which means RM 40 in a month.

doctor is paying me RM 6 per hour, which means one shift i get RM 24.

paying RM 40 for parking every month means almost 2 days of my salary in clinic is gone for parking..

actually we can stop them if they haven't put dat slip on our car, but tat day they "lan c" only...

watever it is, THOSE CARS AROUND THE MOSQUE EVERY FRIDAY, CAUSING A MESS TO THE TRAFFIC!! they should get saman too....

Baby Princess said...

my previous part time job also getting 6 per hour loh..
i have to pay RM0.60 per hour.
Pj is more expensive kay...
i pay like max a day = RM 5.00


aud... there is a max rate u pay per day rite?? i guess it won't exist 100 bucks a month.

in MBPJ, the season pass in only RM 100. MPSJ cheaper still, RM 90. So how much is MPS charging? RM110?? i dun think part time job need to get season pass either.

personally, i think rich and poor have nothing to do with paying parking or not. i'm not saying that whoever is wrong here. but pay for it when u use it loh.

beeyam, if u want to count like that, then get another job that will give u higher pay ie home tuition. one hour at least 15. dun have to pay parking. better still. teach more then. dun have to get 6 per hour.

PoSHDeViL said...

nobody talking bout bee yam, u or me or part time or full time now. Its just generally speaking. Take clinic as an example, clinic open 7 days a week. A full timer who works in lets say my old clinic, they only get bout RM900 a month leh. each day pay for 8 hrs, 8* RM0.60= RM4.80. lets say work 6 days a week RM 4.8* 6= RM28.80 a week, and RM115.20 a month. (So, who say wont exceed RM100?) Yes u are right, can get monthly pass at RM100. But even doctor also don't think its worth it. Because u know in M'sia, there's no such thing as undang- undang. Anything can be settle under the table. When everyday u know what time they come and can stop them from saman-ing, will u still want to pay? A lot of people will want to save this cost lor. Even kena saman oso more worth it. Coz u only pay RM60. And the most only 1-2 saman for every 2-3 months. Government taking so much tax from the people and not doing anything, not many people will b willing to pay de. Although RM0.60 per hour is nothing, but most people still cannot accept paying parking on own housing area.

yemmyemm said...

and guess wat? i just found out the under-table-truth lor... one of my friend is working at a shop behind my clinic. She never pay for the parking and she will not get saman too... She and her colleagues pay a certain amount (i dunno how much)to those MPS people every month. Every car with that shop's sticker around tat area will never kena saman.

this is bad.....

PoSHDeViL said...

thats y.. we are just practicing the modified rukun negara practiced by the government... i dont see many people not willing to obey the rules in Melb.

Anonymous said...

seriously, dun have to paid loh...
i used to worked in a clinic, 6 days a week my salary was only about RM900... if really need to pay for the parking everyday.. i think i really broke.. Btw, my doctor n i will only pay together when the MPSJ came...so 1 day RM0.50(compare to RM2.00) WAHHH... 300% cheaper ler, dai lor .. can buy cloths d...
just note down around what time they come.. and pay at that particular hour only.. always keep an eyes on that BLUE uniform..

N for ur info.. Those MP's saman..(whatever MPSJ MPPJ etc..).. no need to pay d... cos when u renew ur roadtax rite ... the police wont check d... only those saman from the police n JPJ need to pay...

Usually i will just throw away the MPSJ saman.. never bother to pay as well.."han fan"

Anonymous said...

N If they threaten u right, just report to the police first...
Telling them " u very scared.. they said something like.. bla bla bla..."just keep a record in the police station to be safe.. somemore Majlis perbandaran only wat.. their power are just confine to SAMAN n make their area look nicer only.. they are the GARDENER who can give saman... dun care !!!

Anonymous said...

Wow such controversy now i only know.

True, car-parking is very expensive, but that still doesn't give us the greenlight to park for free. Just like gambling, you can't win all the time. Once you lose, you lose big time.

But if the enforcers themselves willingly to accept bribes then go ahead and bribe them. If it is against your ethics then maybe you should have given the parking...

You peacefully park your car, they peacefully leave you alone. That's the way it is. :S

Unless you really good at gamebling or befriended with those officers.. Then.. ok la.. haha